This is Readly
Readly is a digital subscription service that allows customers to have unlimited, “all-you-can-read” access to thousands of national and international magazines - all in one app. Readly has partnered with 800+ publishers around the world to drive the digital transformation of the magazine industry. For the past twelve months, Readly has distributed more than 5,000 titles and 130,000 issues. Over 83 million magazines have also been read by users in 50 markets. As a company, we see ourselves as an ecosystem where all our stakeholders share the value of digitized quality content with a vision to bring the magic of magazines into the future - with trusted content anytime, anywhere. Our passionate team of 100+ people from Sweden, Germany and UK strives to promote the enjoyment in magazines and the power of trusted journalism to be more accessible than ever before. Since September 2020, Readly has been a listed company at Nasdaq Stockholm.
Android Software Engineers
We are looking for Android engineers to join our team in our mission to provide our customers with world-class applications that are used to discover and read magazines. Today we offer our magazine apps on iOS, Android and the Web.
We are a slim and flat tech organization where all contributes on all levels. You will work in an organization where you contribute both with product features and with making sure our Android tech stack constantly is an enabler for the future.
Our ways of working are autonomous where we work in cross-functional-business-domain-teams where the team are involved in all steps in the product development process (i.e. from need to running solution). You are a person with a curious mindset, like to challenge yourself as well as challenge your colleagues. Most importantly you are a genuinely team player and passionate developer. We offer you an atmosphere with skilled and dedicated employees in a company that is world-leading on its market.
As we are scaling up our tech organization, we are looking for both you who are a senior lead as well as you who are in the beginning of your career.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product in our mission to continue to provide a best-in-world Android magazine application to the market.
- Collaborate with our other Android technicians where we jointly help each other to shape the direction of our Android tech stack and the corresponding development processes.
- Collaborate with technicians in other stacks where we jointly help each other to shape the direction of our complete tech stack portfolio.
- Learn a ton of new things, we also want you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Readly is doing.
What we are looking for:
- In order for you to thrive in this role, you need to be passionate about building great products that people love.
- We value a “can-do mentality”, but where you are still not afraid to ask questions and seek assistance from colleagues.
- We put a lot of emphasis on teamwork and collaborative problem solving, so good communication skills, empathy and a team-first mindset is key.
- A plus but not a must if you can move sideways between our Android-iOS-Web stacks. A plus but not a must if you can move up and down between our client and backend stacks.
Who you are:
- You have understanding of modern Android development.
- You are experienced with Android development tools.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant code.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Culture fit – you will embody our culture of bravery, humility and transparency and be passionate about helping us achieve our goals. You understand that curiosity is vital and teach people to empower themselves. And, you build on a foundation of trust and share information openly and proactively
Do you feel this is a perfect match? Please apply by clicking the link below!
Readly is the new way of consuming quality journalism on tablets and smartphones.
Readly's vision is simple: To inspire millions of people to discover and enjoy the power of editorial content from across the globe. Our expert management team has more than 25 years of experience in the publishing, digital gaming, and broadcasting industries. Readly has its headquarters in Sweden.
Loading application form
Already working at Readly?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.