This is Readly
Readly is a digital subscription service that lets customers have unlimited, “all-you-can-read” access to thousands of national and international magazines - all in one app. Readly has partnered with 800+ publishers around the world to drive the digital transformation of the magazine industry. Past twelve months Readly has distributed approximately 5,000 titles and more than 130,000 issues and more than 83 million magazines have been read by users in 50 markets. We see ourselves as an ecosystem where all our stakeholders share the value of digitized quality content. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future - trusted content anytime, anywhere, our passionate team of 100 people in Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before. Since September 2020 Readly is listed at Nasdaq Stockholm.
As a Senior Product designer at Readly you will have great impact on all stages of product development from strategy to execution. We hope to find a person who can inspire us and improve the experience within our core product focused on content discovery and content consumption for our mobile, tablet and desktop apps. You will collaborate on a daily basis with product managers, user researchers, data analyst, engineers, designers and other friendly colleagues at Readly to deliver great user experiences.
This is an opportunity to join Readly in a very interesting stage, where you will be part of a growing design team. We have a lot of exciting work ahead of us where we both need to optimize our current product but also need to rethink and evolve it to match more user needs. We are tasked with the mission to bring the magic of magazines into the future. This means we have a lot of product discovery work in front of us, such as insight mapping, ideations, explorations, concepting to shape the future experiences but also making sure we deliver solutions on the insights in the product continuously. Your closest manager is the Head of Product Design who reports to the Chief Product Officer.
• Strategic: discover opportunities and structure design work
• Tactical: deliver design solutions for continuous improvement
• Creativity: (facilitate) ideation, concepts and prototypes to be validated
• Collaboration: work with developers and product colleagues continuously
• Quality: oversee design quality in all parts of the core experience
• Craft: contribute to shape and improve our design language
To succeed in this role we believe you are a seasoned team player who have defined, designed and shipped many successful products that raised the quality bar in both design and user experience. You enjoy collaborating with product and tech peers in all parts of the process and are comfortable having constructive, yet honest conversations to push the user experience forward. Your strategic skills are key to frame the work, but equally important is that you have passion for the craft and like to work hands on. You probably get restless if you’re not creating user flows, interaction design, prototypes or pushing the visual design. If you also have an interest in data, user insights and working toward clear goals for making prio easier – this might be the right place for you!
At Readly we also believe in a culture of being brave, say it as it is and win as a team. Curiosity is vital and empowered teams are crucial for us to succeed, and building on a foundation of trust and share information openly and proactively.
• 5+ years shipping amazing digital products as a UX or Product Designer
• Deliver solid, intuitive experiences for web and mobile native apps
• Excellent craft execution skills, illustrated in online portfolio
• Visualize structure, using different UX mapping techniques
• Feedback and communication with users and colleagues
• Scientific approach to creativity, where experimentation, iteration and learning fast are key for decision making
• Conduct user tests and interviews
• Designing for content-centered or streaming services
• Facilitate collaboration
What’s in it for you?
• Become a key member of a growing design team
• Join us in an exciting time where we need to take the product to the next level through a lot of experiments and iterations
• An opportunity to grow your human, craft and creative skills
• Inspire and get inspired by others at Readly to improve our creativity
• Be part of a team of curious, brave and friendly colleagues