This is Readly
Readly is a digital subscription service that lets customers have unlimited, “all-you-can-read” access to thousands of national and international magazines - all in one app. Readly has partnered with 800+ publishers around the world to drive the digital transformation of the magazine industry. Past twelve months Readly has distributed approximately 5,000 titles and more than 130,000 issues and more than 83 million magazines have been read by users in 50 markets. We see ourselves as an ecosystem where all our stakeholders share the value of digitized quality content. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future - trusted content anytime, anywhere, our passionate team of 100 people in Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before. Since September 2020 Readly is listed at Nasdaq Stockholm.
As a Product designer at Readly, you will be a part of a design team who are responsible for all parts of the customer journey. In this role your mission is to improve the design for our core product experience such as content discovery and the reading experience for our mobile, tablet and desktop apps. You will work in close collaboration with Product Managers, User researcher, Engineers and other Designers.
This is an opportunity to join Readly in a very interesting stage, where you will be part of a growing design team. We have a lot of exciting work ahead of us where we both need to optimize our current product but also need to rethink and evolve it to match more user needs. We are tasked with the mission to bring the magic of magazines into the future. This means we have a lot of product discovery work in front of us, such as ideations, explorations, concepting to shape the future but also making sure we deliver on the insights in the product short term. Your closest manager is the Head of Product Design who reports to the Chief Product Officer.
• Create ideas and refine design solutions
• Create concepts and prototypes to be user tested
• Collaborate and iterate solutions with developers and product colleagues
• Deliver pixel-perfect design solutions ready for development
• Contribute to shaping a consistent design system
To succeed in this role we believe you need to be a detail oriented person yet a team player to help us bring new perspectives to create more and unique ideas. You are a talented artist who like to work hands on, you probably get restless if you’re not creating interaction design, prototypes or pushing the visual design. You’re interested in using insights and data to improve your work and the solutions you do. If you also enjoy a high-paced environment and are outcome focused – this might be the right place for you!
At Readly we also believe in a culture of being brave, say it as it is and win as a team. Curiosity is vital and empowered teams are crucial for us to succeed, and building on a foundation of trust and share information openly and proactively.
• A few years of experience shipping delightful products as a Visual or UI Designer
• Experience and curiosity to design for iOS or Android native apps
• Attention to details in design and final product
• Collaboration with design and tech colleagues
• Experience working with design system
• Can communicate and present rationale for your design solutions
• Designing for content centered services
• Motion design
What’s in it for you?
• Become an early member of a growing design team
• Join us in an exciting time where we need to take the product to the next level through a lot of experiments and iterations
• An opportunity to grow your human, craft and creative skills
• Inspire and get inspired by others at Readly to improve our creativity
• Be part of a team of curious, brave and friendly colleagues