Readly is a digital subscription service that provides “all-you-can-read” access to 5,000+ national and international magazines, in one easy-to-use app. The company was founded in Sweden in 2013, and was recently ranked the second fastest growing company in Sweden by the Financial Times.
Our ‘content as a service’ model is driving the digital transformation of the publishing industry. We have left the start-up scene and are on our way to becoming a proven scale-up with great organic growth. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future, our passionate teams across Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and the power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before. We are looking for a Digital Content Curator to help shape the Readly experience in our German & Italian markets.
As Digital Content Curator you’ll be responsible for creating a dynamic and engaging reading experience for users in our core markets. This will involve identifying the most compelling magazine articles and stories for daily publishing on the app; understanding reading behaviour and identifying ways to encourage longer and more frequent app sessions; and working with our publishers to create exclusive content for Readly.
The ideal candidate will have editorial experience, an understanding of the publishing world and some experience in digital campaign management. You’ll be required to identify publishing trends and reader behaviour to help drive user engagement.
Success in this role will be measured by an increase in readership and dwell time, as well as a demand for more content from our subscribers. Reporting to the Digital Editor, you will be contributing to the editorial strategy in all of our upcoming features and initiatives. You must be comfortable working high level as well as hands on.
As the Digital Content Curator, DE & IT you are able to:
- Keep up with trends, popular events, news and current affairs that will be relevant for Readly’s audience in these core markets.
- Comb through all content available on the Readly platform and select the most engaging articles to publish on a daily basis
- Build a schedule of articles to be released in Germany and Italy
- Help shape the content strategy within the Featured Articles stream and the wider Readly platform
- Ensure that articles are converted in a timely manner, meeting minimum quality standards
- Monitor and report on the successes and failures of the content strategy, and improve on it when necessary
Qualifications, Experience and Personality
In order to qualify for this role, you are able to demonstrate or prove:
- Experience working across the digital publishing industry, with a knowledge of the brands and content available
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, German and Italian. Communication skills in Dutch/other languages a bonus.
- Previous experience with digital media management
- Both self-motivation and team-motivation skills in abundance
- You’re a power user of apps/tablets/mobile/software/email/social media/spreadsheets and word processors
- You have the ability to innovate and improvise as well as to create bulletproof routines and processes
- You’re an organised and representative self-starter who is prepared to get your hands dirty when needed