Readly is Europe’s leading digital magazine subscription service that lets customers have unlimited, “all-you-can-read” access to thousands of national and international magazines and newspapers - all in one app. Readly has partnered with 800+ publishers around the world to drive the digital transformation of the magazine industry. In the past twelve months Readly has distributed over 5,000 titles and 115,000 issues, and more than 80 million magazines have been read by users in 50 markets. We’ve appeared two years in a row in the top 500 of the Financial Times’ 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe and recently had a successful IPO on the Swedish Nasdaq. We see ourselves as an ecosystem where all our stakeholders share the value of digitized quality content. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future - trusted content anytime, anywhere, our passionate team of 100 people in Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before.
Join a company that really cares for the health, happiness and welfare of its staff and a team that is really passionate about the Readly product. The UK is one of our core markets but we are only just beginning to work with partners here. We are looking for a Partnership Manager to help scale, develop and grow partnerships with relevant companies/brands in the UK.
The Partnership Growth Manager will be mainly responsible for partnerships in the UK but may also be required to work on partnerships in other English speaking territories such as the USA and Australia. You will help develop the local partnership strategy, scale existing partnerships and find opportunities to launch new partnerships with many types of companies from telcos, to banks, to supermarkets, to fashion retailers and more. The main goal is to drive customer acquisition for Readly through partners.
You will work closely with the UK Growth team but report directly to the Global Partnership Director.
● Find and develop long-term and integrated strategic partnerships that deliver on Readly’s and partners’ goals
● Build and grow a pipeline of partnership leads and opportunities
● Grow and scale the existing partners in the UK, as part of growing partnerships as a global channel and contributing to our overall growth goals
● Work along the entire process of partnership acquisition and management; from first idea and pitch to contract negotiations, then launch and successfully manage long-term partnerships. Guide partners in the marketing of the Readly service to their bases.
● Collaborate to build, optimise and develop the local partnerships strategy
● Be data-driven and informed in your account management and pitching, to use insights, learnings and results for optimisation of existing and identification of new partnership opportunities
● Apply excellent and constantly evolving account management for new and existing partners, by prioritising the partner as a stakeholder in our ecosystem. Regular meetings, weekly reports and updates, strategic vision sharing, business development, marketing planning and goal setting are all expected elements of our account management process and we are looking for you to improve this further
● Work with all central and local business functions, including Growth, Content, Legal, Finance, Product, Tech to ensure the best set-up, delivery and implementation of your projects and partners
● Apply a creative and innovative mindset to find new and exciting business opportunities for Readly
The Partnership Growth Manager is a great position for anyone interested in working and further developing in a fast-paced content subscription scale-up. No two days are the same and we expect and enable you to take full ownership, bring in your own ideas, collaborate with an international and skilled team, work with passion on strategy as well as execution and have an eye for opportunities.
Experience & skills
● Experience of working in a fast-paced consumer business, with roles involving partnership acquisition, negotiation and management, as well as business development. Experience of a subscription business environment and other marketing disciplines would be a plus
● Strong communication skills with passion for networking, influencing and strategising with different stakeholders
● Strong commercial acumen with consultative business development approach and experience of contract negotiation
● Analytical skills and mindset for reporting and data-informed decision making
● Strong presentation and meeting skills for pitching Readly and good with excel for forecasting, reporting and commercial modelling
● Good project management skills and experience with building long-term successful working relationships with partners and internal stakeholders
● A good network of relevant contacts would be ideal
● 4-10 years partnership and/or business development experience
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to tell us more about your motivations for this role.