Readly is a digital subscription service that lets customers have unlimited, “all-you-can-read” access to thousands of national and international magazines - all in one app. Readly has partnered with 800+ publishers around the world to drive the digital transformation of the magazine industry. Past twelve months Readly has distributed approximately 5,000 titles and more than 130,000 issues and more than 83 million magazines have been read by users in 50 markets. We see ourselves as an ecosystem where all our stakeholders share the value of digitized quality content. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future - trusted content anytime, anywhere, our passionate team of 100 people in Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before. Since September 2020 Readly is listed at Nasdaq Stockholm.
How you will make an impact
As a Senior Product Manager at Readly you will have a big impact on all stages of the product development, from strategy to execution, for one of Readly’s core areas, the Content consume/Reading experience. We're looking for a person who wants to be part of an empowered cross-functional product team. Your main focus will be driving product discovery together with design and tech peers in a product trio, to define what we should build, as well as collaborating with the rest of the cross–functional product team when we build and deliver.
This is an opportunity to join Readly in a very interesting stage, where you will be part of a growing product organization. We have a lot of exciting work ahead of us where we both need to optimize our current product, but also need to rethink and evolve it to match more user needs. We are tasked with the mission to bring the magic of magazines into the future and therefore we need strong product leaders that can balance innovation with short- and long term user and business needs. Since the Consume/Reading experience is at the very heart of Readly’s product, this is one of the most important roles for our mission. Your closest manager is the Head of Product Management.
- Ultimately, you’re responsible for creating a valuable and viable product
- Setting vision, strategy and objectives for the Consume experience together with the product leadership team to ensure alignment between the business and the team's objectives, between the different product teams and within the Consume team itself.
- Be part of the product trio, with a product designer and tech lead, that leads an empowered team through both discovery and delivery, making sure the team has a healthy balance of long term innovation and short term optimizations and maintenance.
- Be in the forefront of applying modern product discovery techniques to find the best opportunities that will drive the desired business objectives and rapidly evaluate them. Foster great collaboration with all relevant functions, such as user research, analytics, growth and content.
- Be a missionary for both the product organization and the Consume team in the wider Readly organization and to external parties such as publishers.
- Together with your fellow product managers, your trio and the product- and tech leadership, take an active part in developing the way we work, with the goal of improving our processes so we can deliver more value even faster.
Who you are
- For the past +5 years you’ve most likely been a product manager in a cross-functional team, where you have delivered amazing software products and thrived on shipping value to the users and business, preferably for B2C and both native apps and web.
- You’re obsessed with solving real user opportunities. In order to find the opportunities and validate the solution you’re well versed in applying a wide variety of modern product discovery techniques.
- You want to take an active role in all parts of the product development process and are comfortable having constructive and honest conversations with both your fellow trio and team members, as well as relevant stakeholders and senior leadership.
- You have the ability to tackle complex problems, making realistic commitments on how to solve them and you’ll bring the passion and grit needed to ensure that they are met.
- You’re an excellent communicator and storyteller, as comfortable sharing a product strategy as you are sharing successes or learnings.
- A passion for content is crucial and any previous experience working with content services and/or subscription models is a bonus.
At Readly we also believe in a culture of being brave, saying it as it is and winning as a team. Curiosity is vital and empowered teams are crucial for us to succeed.
What’s in it for you?
- Become a key member in a growing product organization and company.
- Join us in an exciting time where we need to take the product to the next level through a lot of experiments and iterations and where your work will have a clear and long-lasting impact.
- An opportunity to have a high degree of autonomy, while at the same time being a key person in refining our product development process.
- Be part of a very ambitious company and a team of curious, skilled, brave and friendly colleagues.