Founded in Sweden in 2013, Readly is leading the digital magazine revolution. We give users unlimited access to the entire content portfolio of over 5,000+ magazine titles for a fixed monthly fee. Our ‘content as a service’ model is disrupting the conventional publishing model through clear, customer-centric digital transformation.
We have just left the start-up scene and now we are on our way to become a proven scale-up with great organic growth.
Our people are, just like you, humble team players that have the courage to try new things and value transparency. Join a team that is really passionate about our product and proud of our portfolio.
Following successful growth across Europe (particularly Germany, UK and Sweden), we’re now the market leader in Europe. Our next challenge is to make Readly as big a success in the US, as it is in Europe.
The role of product marketing manager is a key hire for our US growth plans. You will own proposition and product development, as well as be responsible for driving user growth and retention.
About the role
From day one, you’ll own the go to market strategy for the US. Specifically, you will:
- Be the crucial link between the US customer and Readly. As a talented product marketer, you’ll bring deep insights about the customers, channels, competitors and context we operate in to help us evolve our proposition and win in the market
- Independently drive impactful go-to-market launch strategies by owning development of audience strategy, value proposition, messaging, positioning.
- Take the lead role on delivering channel growth in the market, working with our specialist channel teams to enable our paid/organic marketing channels across affiliate, partnerships, paid social, PR and content
- Own new channel testing for the US
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to brief them with the user insights, value propositions and messages in order to successfully execute go-to-market campaigns
- Own and deliver go to market strategy for new launches in English speaking markets
Whether it’s managing a channel test, identifying new partnership opportunities or delivering customer insights, you’re always up for the challenge, and relentless about delivering impact. More specifically, you’ll need:
- To be a US native (we think you need to know the US inside out to do this job well)
- 3-6 years of experience in B2C product, product marketing, growth or consumer marketing, ideally in a start up/scale up environment
- Experience managing acquisition channels and leveraging data to achieve results.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in various geographic regions, and cross-functionally with key teams such as acquisition and product.
- To bring a deep knowledge of the US marketplace and a network that we can tap into to enable our growth
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and distill data into actionable insights and to inform campaign strategy. Experience in market research is a plus.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills: you are a people-person that has the ability to talk to anyone and work in an ever-changing startup environment
- You can be based anywhere in the world for this role. But you must be a US citizen.