Readly is a digital subscription service that provides “all-you-can-read” access to 5,000+ national and international magazines, in one easy-to-use app. The company was founded in Sweden in 2013, and was recently ranked the second fastest growing company in Sweden by the Financial Times.
Our ‘content as a service’ model is driving the digital transformation of the publishing industry. We have left the start-up scene and are on our way to becoming a proven scale-up with great organic growth culminating in a floatation on Nasdaq Stockholm in September 2020. By bringing the magic of magazines into the future, our passionate teams across Sweden, Germany and UK hope to make the enjoyment of magazines and newspapers with the power of trusted journalism more accessible than ever before.
About The Role
We are expanding our legal team and are now looking for a Legal Counsel to join Readly’s mission to bring the magic of magazines into the future.
To support our rapid growth you will, together with our Head of Legal, manage and advise on a range of legal topics arising as part of our daily business. As we are active in multiple jurisdictions you will have the world as your playing field.
- Advise our teams and senior leadership on a wide variety of legal topics in relation to our day-to-day operations
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts with external parties such as publishers and marketing partners ensuring that Readly is not exposed to unnecessary risks and liabilities
- Regular review of internal policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations such as GDPR in all jurisdictions we operate in and maintaining our portfolio of trademark registrations
- Oversee basic corporate governance functions such as board and shareholder meetings by all Group companies
- Manage relationships with our external legal advisors
- Stay up to date with regards to any changes in legislation which may be relevant to our business
- Qualified Swedish lawyer with approx 5 to 7 years of post qualification experience with strong academic background, ideally you will have trained and practiced at a premier Swedish law firm before having gained experience as an in-house lawyer
- Ability to cover and understand a wide range of commercial and corporate governance issues; experience in M&A transaction and joint ventures will be looked upon favourably
- Solid understanding of contract law, with experience of negotiating, drafting and advising on a broad range of contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to combine legal knowledge with business acumen to advise our business teams and come up with pragmatic solutions to legal issues
- Highly motivated, commercial and ambitious mindset, prepared to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Swedish and English skills (both oral and written) are required and for this position; if you have German language skills and maybe even some knowledge of the German legal system you will be a preferred candidate